What is MRI test used for?
MRI scan helps to make a diagnosis for:
- most diseases of the brain (traumatic brain injury, tumours and dementia)
- sports injuries (labrum tears, meniscus tears)
- musculoskeletal problems
- some gastrointestinal tract conditions
- ear, nose and throat conditions
- soft tissue and bone pathology/conditions
- spinal conditions such as tumours, spinal cord compression and herniated dics, fractures
- vascular abnormalities
- female pelvic problems
- prostate problems
MRI scan is perfect for early detection of diseases
The MRI scan is a complex and extensive medical examination. Its main benefit is that it can be used for the early detection of diseases, due to the excellent soft tissue resolution.
Should I be afraid of MRI scan?
Not at all.
The MRI scan is a completely painless procedure. When indicated by the radiologist, the operator injects contrast material into the patient’s vein. This is also painless due to many years of experience of our technicians.
Patient with claustrophobia
Many patients get nervous and anxious in the tunnel during the scan. We would like to make them feel comfortable in our MRI machine. At our clinic, our scanner is closed but extremely short and it has a larger diameter (plus 10 cm) than the average.
MRI operator provides you with detailed information
Our highly educated MRI operators always inform you about the whole examination process, including what to expect during the scan, and how long will the test last.
Thanks to our SIEMENS MRI scanner we can work fast and efficiently with the most advanced diagnostic technology.